Sunday, April 02, 2006

New apartment

Hi! So last weekend, Nick and I moved out of the condo and into our new apartment in Santa Monica. The movers were supposed to arrive Saturday night, but I guess they were running late, so they postponed it to Sunday morning. The good thing about that was that we could sleep in our bed for one more night, as opposed to on the floor in our new, but unfurnished apartment.

Nick drove his car to our house in Kirkland this weekend, and hopefully he's there right now. We're not sure when the movers will arrive with our stuff, but Nick will be there this week waiting for them leaving me by myself in our apartment for the entire week. i mean, I do have Kitty, but right now she seems more interested in sleeping in her cat bed which, by they way, she has never slept in during the year and three months we've had it. i have no idea what prompted her to want to sleep in it now, but it's sooooo cute!

Anyway, since we did move everything of the condo to Kirkland, we had to do something about the new apartment, so we decided to rent furniture. They delivered it on Monday and when we arrived after work, we found the furniture neatly arranged and in very good condition. I didn't tell them that Nick and I own a cat, and we didn't think it would be too much of an issue, but Kitty seems to really like scratching the corner of this couch. I wonder how much of the deposit we'll lose?

I've completed my second week as a linguist, and it's been a lot of work (not like I expected it to be easy...). I did become sick during the middle of the week, and had to stay home on Thursday, but I think I've recovered from whatever it was that i had.

I lost to my manager's manager at work in the ping pong tournament. I thought I played rather well, but he was returning almost every shot that I hit, including some slams. For some of the shots, I basically thought I won the point, but he returned it and left me in shock and totally unprepared to continue the point. Seriously, he should not have been in the loser's bracket...

There might also be a pool tournament once the ping pong tournament ends, and I think i fare a better chance of doing well in that tournament. I played against a few other Googlers during the past week, and I was doing well--winning something like half of my games. Nick realized that even though i lost on Friday, he did say that even me on an "off" day is better than most of the office. Now if only I could learn how to do a jump shot.

And since Direct TV isn't working, most likely because we don't have a landline which is probably necessary to activate the receiver, I'm watching very basic cable. Right now, i'm being entertained by the cinematic masterpiece, Mortal Kombat. Sadly enough, i think this is my third of fourth time watching this movie. Oooh, and the actress playing Sonya Blade is Pete Sampras's wife.


And on that note, I will end this entry. Since Nick isn't around to distract me, I'll try to update again this week. BYE!!!!

Jerry Liu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home