Wednesday, December 07, 2005

But can they sing?

No! For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, "but can they sing" is a Vh1 show where nine "celebrities" compete in a singing contest...the catch? None of them can sing. I mean really, Kim Alexis's version of "the way you love me" was awful. Bai Ling sang "like a virgin" in a completely different octave, and wore a pink tutu-like skirt which she later took off in order to expose her light pink hot pants. Nick and I believed that Carmine Gotti Agnello would eventually win the show 'cuz the demographic for this show are teenage girls--the same type of people who would vote for him no matter how poorly he sang...and trust me...it was baaaaaaad. Morgan Fairchild was probably the best singer out of them all, and I really wanted her to win, but she had no audience to vote for her. Nick wanted Michael Copon, the original blue Power Ranger, to win, partly 'cuz he could sing, and partly 'cuz he was cute. (If you, for some reason, watch the show and haven't seen the results show yet, skip to the next paragraph). Anyway, Carmine and Michael made it to the final three, along with Morgan Fairchild, which was a complete surprise to both of us, but a good surprise 'cuz she could sing. Unfortunately, she didn't make it to the final two...and Nick and I assumed that Carmine would win, but we were wrong 'cuz MIchael actually got more votes. We were both happy, and it did give the show some credibility that people are actually voting for the competitor's singing ability...but not really 'cuz the final two were two young men flashing their bodies in order to get the girl vote. Anyway, that show has been our (ok, my) guilty little pleasure of the past few weeks.

And now we're watching the top 100 one-hit wonders of all time, and I really don't know very many of them. Right now we're at 49 with "turn the beat around."

Oh, I wanted to tell all of you that if you e-mail me, to please use my gmail account at: ponophobic@gmail.com. It's the only account that I can access both at home and at work, so I can immediately respond to anyone using that account.

And Nick's USC e-mail account doesn't work anymore, and supposedly the system doesn't ping the sender with an e-mail saying that. So in case any of you have been e-mailing him on that account and wondering why he hasn't replied to you, well, that's why. He also has a gmail account: nickwah@gmail.com.

Ok, that's all for now. Hope all of you are doing well!

Jerry Liu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home