Saturday, May 26, 2007

Last day in Tokyo before leaving for Kyoto

Hi! Unfortunately, I didn't charge my phone last night, so I wasn't able to take any photos of our trip today, which is why today's post is pictureless. It'll also be a short post since it's past midnight right now and we need to go to sleep so that we can wake up early in time to get ready to leave for Kyoto.

Today, we went off to Kamakura to see a big Buddha statue, but along the way, we saw a few shrines and temples. And then we went to Yokohama for the evening. There was a big amusement park area which had a 9 story tall ferris wheel, which we decided to ride on. There were also a bunch of those crane games where you can win small toys, and I found a few that stocked some Mario themed ones, so I played a few. The result was two small toy power-up mushrooms and a small stuffed cheep-cheep (the flying fish that would pop up from the bottom of the screen during any stage involving a bridge). We also had a wonderful dinner at a restaurant that overlooked the entire waterfront.

And that's all that I can write for now before I fall over. We're not sure if we can update our blog during the next few days since our hotel might not have internet access. If that's the case, we'll try updating as much as we can when we return to Tokyo the day before we leave for LA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home