Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nick's favorite flight

(We're half asleep, since we've been up for 24 hours straight, so forgive my rambling!)

Flying to Tokyo was possibly one of the most pleasant experiences I've had in a long time on an airplane. We flew Singapore, business class (best use of airline miles ever!). The food they served was fantastic, better than the office food in SMO (though not Pinxto quality). The service was great, staying out of the way when not wanted and refilling my wine glass with riesling when I merely nodded.


This is me in the Singapore Airlines lounge. It's nice. They had cookies and little sandwiches and an open bar (not that I needed a drink for lunch).











This is the airline seat. If you held down one of the thousands of tiny buttons for a while, it laid down to an eight degree angle. What I really liked was the LED reading light. Bright, but directed, so it didn't disturb other passengers. One of the amazing things about this flight is that we left at 2:35 and flew for 11 hours without ever running out of sunlight.







There was even a power outlet to keep my laptop fresh. Now if only they had internet...

1 Comments:

Blogger merak said...

I didn't know you had a Mac, Nick!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home