Monday, February 15, 2010

USA! USA!

So Nick and I are sitting in Terminal 2 in LAX waiting to board our flight to Vancouver. We've never been to Terminal 2 before, and it's really small--about 6-8 gates total. Nick called it the terminal for unimportant international flights, since Air Canada flies out of here.

I re-dyed my hair red last night so that it looks more vibrant...and then it occurred to me that people might think that I'm rooting for Canada since my hair is only red (or China, I suppose). Had I thought about it earlier, I might have tried doing a Red/Blue combo for my hair. I mean, it's not like that would make me look like a crazed USA fan in comparison to the shirtless USA fans in Whistler--and no, we're not doing that.

Last night, we watched the second day of Men's luge, which was sort of sad because of the tragic death of the Georgian luge competitor just before the Olympics started. Knowing how fast they go down the track made me appreciate the sport more, and cringe more whenever a competitor fell off. One luger actually fell off his sled and managed to get back on it...it was amazing! The Americans didn't do very well, although I think one of the new guys, Chris Mazdzer, is sort of cute :) Nick thinks I have a strange taste in men (what does that say about him then?).

Once we've found where we're staying in Vancouver, and are more settled in, we'll post some more info and pictures of what it's like being at the Olympics. But for now, you can listen to this, 'cuz it'll be playing in my head the entire time we're there...

2 Comments:

Blogger konberg said...

Dyed your hair! I want pictures. Oh and I love you guys.

7:27 PM  
Blogger bost said...

Definitely want to see pictures (including of course food!) Miss and love you both- Beth

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home