Thursday, September 29, 2005

Where there's smoke...

Today on my way to work I saw an ominous brown cloud rising over the Santa Monica mountain range. It was being blown into a layer of super-smog out over the ocean. "How strange," I thought. "This smog seems much worse than yesterday's."

Then I got to work and saw the news item on my Google sidebar: Wildfires Rage Across Southern California. "So, that's what it is."

On my way home as the sky darkened I could see that the smoke was now blowing east over Beverly Hills and Hollywood. As I got close to home at around 7:15, the car smelled funky. The smell got worse as I got closer to home. When I got out of the car, I felt like I was ten feet from a campfire. The heat was pretty nasty too.

Anyway, I hope everyone's okay out there. Good thing Jerry bought me an Ionic Breeze for my birthday.

And now for something completely different.

The cat is finally acting sane again. I guess she was just hyperactive to make up for the days she was sick and slow-moving. She's awful cute.

Everyone have fun out there.
-Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home