Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dinner at Matsuhisa

So I thought I would actually update this blog with entries that don't have to do with our vacations :).

Saturday night, Nick's parents and the two of us went to Matsuhisa in Beverly Hills. It's owned by Nobu Matsuhisa (we're still not sure which one is his first name and which one is his family name), who's been featured on Martha Stewart numerous times and has many restaurants around the world. We chose this restaurant because we wanted Nick's dad, Fred, to enjoy a very nice dinner at a Japanese restuarant while he's still in LA--while New York might have many more Michelin starred restaurants, LA has far better Japanese food.

As we were walking to the front door, we noticed Nobu himself standing outside. As we walked closer to the door, he graciously opened the door for us. At the time, Fred and Jan didn't know who he was, so as we sat down, I told them that Nobu was the one who was standing outside. This brought a wonderful smile to their faces, and we knew that with Nobu in the restaurant, that the food would be exceptional...and it was! We're definitely going back there again when we have a chance.

Sunday night, Nick and I went to Jane and Rob's apartment to play SingStar, which was a lot of fun, although I can't help but feel a bit guilty for making them download two songs that only I knew. Apparently, this means that I need to come over more often to sing Ace of Base's "Life is a Flower" and the Spice Girls's "Who Do You Think You Are?" Later, I suggested that we play Mario Party 8, which resulted in everyone, but me, wanting the game to be over as fast as possible. Next time, we're playing 10 rounds, instead of 15.

And that was pretty much it for our Labor Day weekend. We spent a lot of time with Nick's parents, which was great. Fred's doing much better now, and is able to walk without any help...in fact, I can hardly keep up with him! I think the current plan is that sometime next week, they'll fly to Tahoe to spend some time there until Fred's next appointment at Cedar-Sinai. That'll be good because Fred really misses Tahoe and it'll be nice for him to get away from the craziness that is LA.

That's it for today's post. I'll try to update it more regularly, although I'm not sure how amusing my posts will be :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home