Sunday, October 09, 2005

Eggs are special

Yesterday morning, Nick and I made some hash browns and eggs for breakfast. We had some leftover potatoes which was what prompted the breakfast menu. I was frying the eggs for Nick, and I broke the first egg on the side of the skillet and dropped it on the hot surface. I broke the second one and dropped it as well and noticed that the egg had two yolks! I had heard of such eggs before, but had never seen one in person before...anyway, we took it as a sign of good luck.

And then I went to make myself some eggs, and after I opened that egg, I noticed that it also had two yolks inside. I'm not sure what the chances of getting one egg with two yolks is, but the probability of getting two such eggs must be very low. And then Nick made eggs this morning and noticed that his egg had two yolks. So of the 6 eggs that came in our carton of eggs, half of them were double-yolked. We hope that means that a lot of good fortune will come our way.

Nick is pissy because we went and bought a new wireless router to replace the one we have now. We went to Best Buy and looked at the numerous routers for sale. Nick decided to buy the cheapest one following the belief of my mom, "if it's cheap and it breaks, throw it away and buy a new one." I now wish that my mom had never said that to Nick because now he is adopting this philosophy...and it backfired. Nick installed the new router after we got home, and both of us are having problems getting any type of wireless connection on our laptops. In fact, our wireless connection is flakier than the router that we replaced. I think we're going to return the router in the upcoming days and then purchase a new one.

I've been feeling a bit sick lately, and I'm not sure what I have. For the past couple of days, I've had some lightheadedness which made it hard to concentrate on much, I haven't had much of an appetite lately, and when I do eat, I become nauseated soon afterwards, and I have mild coughing fits. Nick thinks that it might be a mild cold. Whatever it is, it's incredibly annoying and I wish it would go away. The good news is that I'm feeling better now, so hopefully that means that I'll be at full health when I go to work tomorrow.

...and the Seahawks beat the Rams...YAY!

(the next comment is for the Seattle-ites). Is Gaard Swanson on any of the seattle news stations? Nick and I were watching "designer renovation" and I noticed that Gaard Swanson was hosting the show. I guess this is a step up because now he is part of a national audience, albeit a small national audience, but it's got to be bigger than the number of people watching him doing sports in Seattle.

And now my coughs are back...so, so annoying.

Hi everybody, it's Nick.

Jerry insists that I write more in the blog. I'm not much with the words and stuff. Work is fun. I played foosball twice this week. Both times I teamed with Chandler, aka "twitchy". You might be wondering why he is called that. Just imagine someone with way too much caffeine in his system playing foosball. It's so random. Anyway, first we played Rob and Marija. They're generally pretty good, but for some reason Chandler and I totally kicked ass. It was like 5-0, 5-1, 5-2, and then Rob just walked out without giving us the honor of a fourth game. I felt bad. The next day we ended up playing Steve and Kenny. They totally whooped us. I mean, it hurt. Though we didn't walk out early or anything. :-)

Oh, I saw Affleck outside our building, talking on the phone, pacing back and forth, and smoking a cigarette. I wonder if wifie knows he smokes, especially since she's pregnant and all.

Anyway, it's my bedtime (yes, it's sad, but we wake up early here), so I'll just shut up.

Have fun, y'all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, so i don't know anything about gaard swanson (what channel was he on again?), but i wanted to say that nick, you would fit right in with some of my new coworkers. they play foosball all the time. it's crazy.

oh, also, i saw a thing of eggs at the store and they actually had a warning on them that said "Warning! Some of these eggs may contain two yolks!" i don't know why we needed to be warned about that, but that's okay.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben - I agree!!! That was my thought exactly!!!

Jerry,
About the double-yolked eggs... (and this from my days on the farm in Israel...) I believe it's just that the chicken growers of the company that you bought your eggs from are mass-producing by feeding the chickens (or injecting them) with extra hormones so that they produce more eggs... This is obviously backfiring on them, since you get twice the yolks (and cholesterol :)) for the same price!
:)
Michal

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home