Sunday, April 16, 2006

benign positional vertigo

Hi! So for the past few days, I've been feeling a bit dizzy...not soo dizzy that I was nauseous and not so lightheaded where I felt like I was going to faint, but it was very annoying to work through such a sensation. Today i went to the doctor and told her what was going on with me, and she said that since my symptoms were rather subtle, that I could have one of two things. She decided that for now, she's going with the diagnosis that I have "benign positional vertigo." She said that there isn't any treatment for it, and that it should go away after a while, but that I shouldn't be surprised if one day I wake up and my vertigo is very severe where for 24 hours or so, I feel like the whole world is spinning. I really hope that this doesn't happen. But for now, she told me to take some medication to treat the symptoms of dizziness...the only problem is that it could make me drowsy. I think I'll take it tomorrow morning and see just how drowsy I get and to see if I feel better.

Oh, and I had some blood tests and the doctor said that my results were fine, but that she didn't ask me whether I drank alcohol. According to her, my liver test showed signs of some effect of alcohol. Considering that I don't drink, this was very surprising news...so I guess this is a good reason for me not to drink if my liver isn't all that healthy.

In other news, Nick arrived Monday night. He was supposed to arrive late Monday night, but he took a much earlier flight and was in the apartment when I arrived. It was a wonderful surprise since I was getting incredibly lonely at night. He's staying for this week as well, but will be going back to Kirkland next week.

Yesterday, we went to a party hosted my Marija, another Googler. It was nice to sit around and talk about things other than Google projects. One of the other Googlers was surprised to hear that Nick and I met each other before working at Google...I guess it's easy to assume that we met at work and not anytime prior to that.

Ooh, and hopefully tomorrow, we'll have our landline so that we can actually activate our Direct TV receiver. It'll be great to actually watch cable...especially considering that we've been paying for it since we've moved in.


And that's all for now. BYE!!!

Jerry Liu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home